what is the streaming table design for?

laughing_sheng@qq.com
hello,i find streaming table has some constraint that can not support my scene, it can not add column and big string ,does streaming table has high-performance with streaming api than not streaming table with dataFrame api in spark streaming;thank you

Re: what is the streaming table design for?

xm_zzc

Re: what is the streaming table design for?

laughing_sheng@qq.com
Firstly,Thanks for your help,yes´╝îI hava read the docs, I do not use the streaming job . Actually,I use the spark streaming , and I compare the two kind of writing ,it is show in attachment .it write into the table A and table B,A and B schema is the same,but A has streaming properties;
In this condition, I find the write speed it almost the same;In this case,can I use B to replace A,because table B can not add column.I just want to get the confirm of authority.

From:  "xm_zzc"<[hidden email]>;
Date:  Tue, Apr 2, 2019 11:14 AM
To:  "user"<[hidden email]>;
Subject:  Re: what is the streaming table design for?

Please read the doc
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/blob/master/docs/streaming-guide.md
first.

a.png (24K) Download Attachment
b.png (32K) Download Attachment

Re: what is the streaming table design for?

xm_zzc
Which CarbonData version you used?
You can use command 'ALTER TABLE carbon ADD COLUMNS (a1 INT, b1 STRING)' to
add columns for non-streaming table.
BTW, you can add my weixin: xm_zzc to discuss with me.